Videos

After a few long nights, and internet issues, I finally have the videos posted from the concert!  Before we get to those, I spent pretty much all of last night in fascination as I figured out that my camera was capable of doing things I never thought possible. I was aimlessly Google-searching my way through the internet to try and find a power supply cord for my camera when I ran across a program called CHDK.

Don't ask me what that stands for, but I have figured out that it is amazing.  It enhances the features of my camera (Canon A540 Powershot) by updating the firmware off of my SD card.  Once the firmware is updated, my camera is capable of taking exposure pictures up to one minute. It also has setting for taking an exposure picture up to around 5 minutes but I haven't tried those because it really drains my batteries.  I can also take pictures up to 1/10,000 of a second.

Right now I have my camera in the corner of my room taking pictures about every 2 seconds to try my hand for the first time at a time lapse photo video.  I might post that later if it turns out decent.  CHDK can enable my camera to save the pictures in RAW format also which allows me to have better control in the post processing and even try my hand in a few HDR photos.  It can also run scripts which allow it to do pretty much whatever you can think of. 

Before I post the concert videos, you should have a look at this flash slide show of some facts you might not have know before. If you happen to know all of them then congratulations.... but I highly doubt you will.
http://cbs2chicago.com/slideshows/bizarre.facts.20.1243030.html

The anticipation is over. Here are some videos of the concert. Our view was actually closer and better than the video looks, but for some reason cameras always have a way of making everything look tiny.

We start out with Christmas Eve / Sarajevo 12/14


Toccata - Carpimus Noctem


The Mountain


Moonlight And Madness


Wizards In Winter (note the different color flames on the sides)


And the Finale

0 comments:

Post a Comment