Speed Up Time

Well I happen to love taking tests and lucky me, I have a: quiz today, test Friday, and two tests Monday. With that being said I put together my time lapse of my room and you can view that below.


That video was 424 pictures taken over a period of 21 minutes while I was writing up my previous post.

It would have been nice to know I could update my camera to do this when it was Halloween. Then we would have been able to do a video of our pumpkin carving journey, but I will have to wait 11 more months before I get that opportunity again. Unfortunately for you I am going to tell you of our pumpkin carving experience.

It was a normal Friday, except this Friday I was going to surprise Sally with a trip.  I was planning on going up to PineHaven Farm in Wyoming, MN.  I was planning on us giving blood (to get a free admission) and then going on their haunted hayride and the haunted houses and corn trail.  Sounded fun at the time and giving blood is always a good thing, but that plan fell through because I was sick and it was cold and rainy.  We then drove around trying to find some pumpkins and eventually landed at Cub Foods and picked up three pumpkins for the price of two.  In preparation for our pumpkin carving event I printed off some where around 25 pumpkin carving patterns that ranged anywhere from the Cool-Aid Man to Mount Rushmore to Charlie Chaplin.

I chose to carve Albert Einstein into my pumpkin and Sally decided to carve a princess into hers.  Sally made me cut out her pattern so she could trace it onto her pumpkin, and I just slapped my paper on with some tape and cut through the pumpkin and paper all at once. Sally's pumpkin looked neat and clean while she was in the process of etching her princess. My pumpkin looked like a war zone with paper shreds and pumpkin guts everywhere.  In the middle of the chaos I realized I cut a little to close to my other cut and Einstein's eye fell out...... so now I had a one-eyed Pablo Picasso-esk looking pumpkin.

After an hour or so of wondering why my pumpkin looks nothing like the pattern, and wondering what kind of hideous mess it is going to look like, I finally finished.  After wondering what on earth these pumpkins are going to look like I told Sally to cut the lights and I stuck my phone inside to see what they looked like when the were lit up.  After carefully propping Einstein's eye the best I could, I realized our pumpkins didn't look half bad.

Now our dilemma. We had one more pumpkin to go, but neither of us wanted to do anything as intricate as the patterns I had printed. So we decided that I will cut the top open and carve the mouth, and she will gut it and carve the eyes.  This pumpkin looked liked the pumpkins I would carve a few years ago so it brought back memories of being younger and not wanting to make an elaborate pumpkin.

Here is a picture of the individually carved pumpkins.

Here is our joint adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment